CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1/18/08

Little Dudette and the ER

Well! It has been an interesting week. I never thought that this could happen but I guess it can. Little Dudette was blowing up a balloon on Wednesday night to see how big it could get before it could pop. It was HUGE! It popped almost immediately and it hit her in the eye. She was in excruciating pain. I put some ice on it but it was tearing and bloodshot. She felt that there was something in it but I couldn't see anything. We went to bed and I encouraged her to sleep and we would call the doctor in the morning if it still hurt. But, she was in so much pain that she woke up a few hours later. So, a trip to the ER. She couldn't open her eye as it was so painful. The ER doctor was SUPER NICE! She was very patient with Little Dudette and explained everything she was doing. After numbing her eye and putting in some dye, the doctor found a scratch on the cornea. Little Dudette got to wear an eye patch yesterday and got some fun attention at school. Good news is that this type of injury usually heals pretty well. I have a feeling that she will be staying away from balloons for awhile.

Peace Out,
Big Momma

0 comments: